The perfume

Following in the traces of the book "The Perfume" by Patrick Süskind.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Bourges

As I walked down from the camping and crossed the road that lead to Bourges, I could see a blue car approaching from the city centre.

I put my thumb out, and the car stopped. What luck! The driver turned out to be a lawyer on his way to Bourges. And, since he was going to Palais de la justice, which is always in the city centre, I could not have asked for more. I also have to add an additional chapter to 'the world is small' book. His brother was married to a norwegian, and had been living in Oslo for 30 years.

When we arrived in Bourges, he took me through the palais de la justice, to show me the right direction onwards.

Bourges is sizzling with life. I think I will stay here a night or two.