The perfume

Following in the traces of the book "The Perfume" by Patrick Süskind.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Fay aux loges

I was lying under the trees. Having finished breakfast, next to the small church in Sully la Chapelle, I realized I had to hurry up if I was going to be in time for lunch in Fay aux Loges. Having eaten self made baguettes the three last meals, not only was I starting to miss the kind of meals I got at Malesherbes, hotel de la gare, I was running out of baguettes! I quickly got up, put the backpack on and started in a fast pace along the well marked path. I knew I would have to be there well before two in the afternoon to be in time. A quarter past one, I entered the village, and just in front of me I could see a small restaurant. Inside the whole population of the surrounding countryside seemed to be seated. But luckily there was space for me too! Was it any good? Excellent! Paté, porc with french fries, cheese plate and mousse au chocolat. Wine included. And the price was 10.80€. I think I will be able to walk until dinner now. If I can catch it.