The perfume

Following in the traces of the book "The Perfume" by Patrick Süskind.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Hotel de la gare, Malesherbes

Never have I slept as well and eaten as good as at the hotel de la gare in Malesherbes. You should come quickly because the prices will not stay like this once people discover it! I had four course lunch, four course dinner, breakfast and a room with shower for 38€ or 300 NOK. The meals were excellent, first course was a delicious salad buffet, second course you could choose between five different meat/fish types combined with the choice of five different vegetables, third course was fromage blanc or a cheese plate where you could choose between an abundance of different cheeses, and in the fourth course you could choose between something like nine different desserts. And wine? Included of course:) The staff working here has been very nice to me. I think I must have found the original France!