The perfume

Following in the traces of the book "The Perfume" by Patrick Süskind.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The End

That concludes the voyage in the trace of the perfume. True, the main figure also walks from Grasse to Paris, following a different itinerary, but that will have to wait, at least for my part!

All in all, the "expedition" has been a great experience. Not knowing what is going to turn up around the next corner is a great feeling.

After Pierrefort, the town where the walking stopped, there has been a lot of sitting. We sat in the local petanque team car from Pierrefort to St. Flour. We sat on the train from St. Flour to Millau. We sat in a bus from Millau to Montpellier. We sat in a train from Montpellier to Cannes. We sat in a train from Cannes to Grasse and back. We sat in the airport bus from Cannes to Nice. We sat on the plane from Nice to Oslo. We sat on the airport bus from Oslo airport to Oslo.

Now I am sitting where it all started. In the sofa. It seems we are sitting through our lives. At least if your working at a desk.

I noticed that once the walking was over and I was back in cities, I started yawning. I don't think I yawned a single time when I was walking. I guess I think cities are boring. Also, I really noticed the immense amount of noise there are in the cities. There is some noise in the nature to. Small rivers running through the woods. Trees moving in the wind. Birds.

Thanks for keeping me with company during my trip, by reading this blog.

Bye bye.